Peter Russell gives a compelling presentation shedding new light on consciousness and reality.
Peter Russell explores the reasons why consciousness may be the fundamental essence of the Universe.
Many have made such claims from metaphysical perspectives, but the possibility has always been ignored by the scientific community. In this talk, he discusses the problems the materialist scientific worldview has with consciousness and proposes an alternative worldview which, rather than contradicting science, makes new sense of much of modern physics. He presents a reasoned argument that shows how they are pointing towards the one thing science has always avoided considering—the primary nature of consciousness.
* What is consciousness?
* How could consciousness arise from matter?
* Paradigm shifts in science.
* The materialist metaparadigm.
* A new metaparadigm
* Consciousness is in everything.
* Everything is in consciousness.
* Matter is a mental construct.
* Relativity and light’s point of view.
* Light lies beyond space, time and matter.
* Photons and the quantum of action.
* Parallels between light and consciousness.
* Consciousness as the fundamental reality.
* The mystical experience of consciousness.
* Who am I? What is the self?
* The meeting of science and spirit.