“No matter what your religion is – no matter what nationality – no matter what walk of life – if you are a human being, get this book – read it – get inspired by it – and act upon it – right away!” – David Lynch, filmmaker, television director, artist, and author of Catching the Big Fish
Throughout history, great men and women have described exalted experiences of extraordinary wakefulness, freedom, and bliss – as different from our ordinary waking experience as waking is from dreaming. Laozi, Plato, Rūmī, St. Teresa of Avila, Emerson, Emily Dickinson, Black Elk, Einstein – people of all times and places have described experiences that rank among the most inspiring in all of literature.
The Supreme Awakening:
• brings together a rich and diverse collection of these experiences
• explains these experiences in terms of a new, expanded framework of human development – the model of higher states of consciousness developed by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, the renowned Vedic sage and scientist of consciousness
• shows how anyone can systematically cultivate these experiences through the Transcendental Meditation technique – simply, naturally, and effortlessly
• describes the wide-ranging benefits of cultivating enlightenment by means of the TM technique – inner peace and happiness, improved health, increased creativity and intelligence, improved productivity, and much more – with benefits for education, business, health care, the military, rehabilitation, and society as a whole
• shows that the sublime experiences reported by great people across time are real, universal, understandable in terms of modern science – and now available to anyone.
Craig Pearson is Executive Vice-President of Maharishi University of Management in Fairfield, Iowa, and a leader in Consciousness-Based education. He has spoken around the United States on this unique approach to education as well as on Maharishi’s programs to create world peace.
He has held a number of positions at Maharishi University of Management, including Dean of Faculty, Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, Dean of Students, Director of Freshman Composition, and Director of Maharishi University of Management Press.
Dr. Pearson holds a PhD in Maharishi Vedic Science from Maharishi University of Management. He is the author of The Complete Book of Yogic Flying. He is also the coauthor, with Brad Moses, of Peace on Earth, a collection of songs about enlightenment and world peace (available on iTunes). He lives on the Maharishi University of Management campus with his wife Melissa and son Soren.
He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Supreme Awakening
Throughout history, great men and women have described exalted experiences of extraordinary wakefulness, freedom, and bliss — as different from our ordinary waking experience as waking is from dreaming. Laozi, Plato, Rūmī, St. Teresa of Avila, Emerson, Emily Dickinson, Black Elk, Einstein — people of all times and places have described experiences that rank among the most inspiring in all of literature.
The Supreme Awakening offers a rich collection of these experiences — and shows how ordinary men and women today are enjoying the same kinds of sublime experiences celebrated by the Buddha, Wordsworth, Thoreau, Lucy Maud Montgomery, and many others — simply by practicing the effortless technique of Transcendental Meditation.
Drawing on the work of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, The Supreme Awakening explains how these experiences arise and provides a systematic way of categorizing them.
Also it describes a practical method — the effortless technique of Transcendental Meditation — that anyone can use to cultivate these remarkable experiences and enjoy the unparalleled benefits.
Finally, the book shows the immense practical benefits, for every area of life, of cultivating enlightenment.
About the Author…Craig Pearson is Executive Vice-President of Maharishi University of Management, in Fairfield, Iowa. He holds a PhD in Maharishi Vedic Science and based his doctoral dissertation on the research he did for this book. He is also the author of The Complete Book of Yogic Flying.
Interview by LINDA EGENES View Here